[arch-general] Strange file in home directory
Sławek Kapłoński
2016-09-17 11:48:41 UTC
Hello,

I found recently strange (for me) file in my home directory. Name of
this file is "on":

[13:45:14] ***@dell:~$ file on
on: GNU dbm 1.x or ndbm database, little endian, 64-bit

I think that it is created by Mutt because when I removed it and started
Mutt then it was created again.

Do You know what is this file for, what creates it (is it really Mutt)
and maybe how can I disable creation of this file?
--
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
Sławek Kapłoński
***@kaplonski.pl
Oon-Ee Ng via arch-general
2016-09-17 19:10:07 UTC
Post by Sławek Kapłoński
Hello,
I found recently strange (for me) file in my home directory. Name of
on: GNU dbm 1.x or ndbm database, little endian, 64-bit
I think that it is created by Mutt because when I removed it and started
Mutt then it was created again.
Do You know what is this file for, what creates it (is it really Mutt)
and maybe how can I disable creation of this file?
Given the name of that file, I'd suspect a misconfiguration of mutt.
Re-check your config.
Sławek Kapłoński
2016-09-17 19:27:09 UTC

Thx for the tip. I checked it and in fact You were right :) Issue was
because of wrong config of header_cache option in mutt. I had:

set header_cache = on

in my muttrc file. So my problem is solved now. Thx a lot.
--
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
Sławek Kapłoński