[Classroom] The Beginner's Guide to Arch Linux package management
2017-05-29 19:30:20 UTC
Eschwartz will be teaching a class "The Beginner's Guide to Arch Linux
package management". As usual, the class will be taught in the
#archlinux-classroom channel on irc.freenode.net. It will take place on
Sunday, June 4 at 17:00:00 UTC, and last approximately 2 hours.

This class is primarily focused on teaching the basic structure of
PKGBUILDs: how to read/write/modify them, handle different source types,
common errors and how to avoid them, and finally contribute them to the
AUR for others to use. Everyone is welcome to join, as long as you
follow the eminently fair rules in
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct. :)

Prerequisites:
* Have a basic knowledge of bash and shell commands in general.
* The ability to use a text editor (e.g., nano, vim, emacs, gedit, Atom,
etc.)

Eschwartz is well known for his profusion of posts to the Arch Linux
Fora, Mailing Lists, bugtracker, and IRC -- basically, anywhere that
doesn't shut the door on him first. He has been an Arch user ever since
he was introduced to Linux about four years ago, and has never looked
back. He enjoys bash scripting, ebooks, and (apparently) referring to
himself in third-person.
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
2017-05-29 19:58:28 UTC
and (apparently) referring to himself in third-person.
You are a party pooper, I can't even nitpick on this now.

:(
fsckd via arch-general
2017-06-10 16:20:32 UTC
Sorry for the delay. Logs for the class "The Beginner's Guide to Arch Linux package management" are up.

https://archwomen.org/media/project_classroom/classlogs/2017-06-04-the_beginners_guide_to_arch_linux_package_management.txt

Crossposted with arch-wwomen.
ITwrx.org
thanks, i meant to attend and got side tracked.
Grady Martin via arch-general
2017-06-29 06:12:52 UTC
Post by fsckd via arch-general
Sorry for the delay. Logs for the class "The Beginner's Guide to Arch Linux package management" are up.
https://archwomen.org/media/project_classroom/classlogs/2017-06-04-the_beginners_guide_to_arch_linux_package_management.txt
Thanks! I just checked the logs, and it looks like a lot of fun. You are providing a wonderful opportunity. I hope to join the live classroom next time.