IPSEC / L2PT for IOS
Add Reply
s***@web.de
2017-10-03 17:46:58 UTC

have someone this setup working? Can it share? Or give howtos? I search
since few hours but at end all what I found was with openswan. But it
give only strongswan. I will be very happy. :)

Thank you for help.

Silvio
Lukas Rose
Sure you want to use IPSEC/L2PT? There’s openvpn for iOS...
s***@web.de
2017-10-03 18:37:29 UTC
On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 20:15:44 +0200
Post by Lukas Rose
Sure you want to use IPSEC/L2PT? There’s openvpn for iOS...
Yes I know but it will not work. I have no Windows PC so no Itunes
and with copy on iphone no chance it seem to me. When I open the
ovpn file I become message no certificates are founded. So what
chance I have?

I have copy all files with FileExplorer FTP to folder Downloads/openvpn.
It were great when it will work because ipsec not really easy to handle.

Thank you & Greetings
Silvio
Thomas Dreher via arch-general
2017-10-04 08:58:03 UTC
Post by s***@web.de
On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 20:15:44 +0200
Post by Lukas Rose
Sure you want to use IPSEC/L2PT? There’s openvpn for iOS...
Yes I know but it will not work. I have no Windows PC so no Itunes
and with copy on iphone no chance it seem to me. When I open the
ovpn file I become message no certificates are founded. So what
chance I have?
You can embed the certificates in the config file.

Greetings

Thomas
s***@web.de
2017-10-09 09:00:34 UTC
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 10:58:03 +0200
Post by Thomas Dreher via arch-general
You can embed the certificates in the config file.
Mean? I can cat all and done or must change something in client
file?

That sounds great maybe this will work better.

Silvio
Guus Snijders via arch-general
2017-10-09 10:08:05 UTC
Op 9 okt. 2017 11:00 schreef "***@web.de" <***@web.de>:

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 10:58:03 +0200
Post by Thomas Dreher via arch-general
You can embed the certificates in the config file.
Mean? I can cat all and done or must change something in client
file?

Indeed, in the client file (that you copy to the iPhone):
https://www.brainfart.sg/index.php/2012/05/embedding-certificate-into-openvpn-config/

Openvpn can be confusing, but sometimes a quick Google search pays off ;)

Mvg, Guus Snijders

Lukas Rose
2017-10-04 17:01:03 UTC
Post by s***@web.de
Yes I know but it will not work. I have no Windows PC so no Itunes
and with copy on iphone no chance it seem to me.
There are lots of other ways to get the configuration file on your phone. E.g. WiFi Transfer via Browser.
Post by s***@web.de
Thank you & Greetings
Silvio
You‘re welcome :)
s***@web.de
2017-10-09 08:59:08 UTC
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 19:01:03 +0200
Post by Lukas Rose
There are lots of other ways to get the configuration file on your phone. E.g. WiFi Transfer via Browser.
This I try. I try with sending emails, copy over with File Explorer (FTP Server)
but it ends ever wih missing index/ca ...

Silvio