bz [was gcc broken]
Carsten Mattner via arch-general
2018-03-16 22:46:16 UTC
Good news, I guess, is that we will almost certainly switch to bugzilla
as soon as Harmony brings stable psgi support (Soon™).
Harmony?
PSGI?
I like Bugzilla's features, and I don't use arch's tracker enough to have
a voice, or maintain it to have a say, but I would still like to provide
an opinion. It's just an opinion. Having used large bugzilla
installations
like mozilla.org, kernel.org, freedesktop.org, it doesn't look like
Bugzilla
can be fast. I've found Mantis and to some extend Redmine to be fast and
lean trackers. These may or may not suit Arch's needs, and I still have
hope Bugzilla will at some point become snappy.
Just an opinion based on experience, the arch admins/devs will know why
bugzilla is the right choice. I trust them.
Please don't de-rail the thread. (Obviously the Arch devs also want a
performing bugtracker, but Flyspray has to go either way)
Sorry about that. I let my pain of disappointing bugzilla performance
speak in the wrong context.

Are the Arch devs looking for input on this in some ticket/forum? Like
I said, I don't use it enough to care deeply, but I'm happy to provide
experience report if needed.
Ralf Mardorf
2018-03-17 02:16:20 UTC
Post by Carsten Mattner via arch-general
Are the Arch devs looking for input on this in some ticket/forum? Like
I said, I don't use it enough to care deeply, but I'm happy to provide
experience report if needed.
I don't know, if the Arch devs are looking for input from non-devs, but
if you like to follow this issue, Google is your friend:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24999

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2017-November/029018.html