Good gif recorder
Add Reply
Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general
2017-07-13 13:57:07 UTC

I've been trying peek and it's absolutely horrible on my machine (8 GB RAM, Integrated Video card, AMD FX - 6100) . Is there any good screen recorder that can do full HD gif recording ?

Thanks

Sent from Nylas Mail<https://n1.nylas.com/link/d370e38f9b6085d8ca0d311b78c36265cb45947689d5d83676759f3ae200e6c7/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%3Fref%3Dn1>, the best free email app for work
Nicolas F.
2017-07-13 16:53:38 UTC
Hello,
don't record directly to gif, instead, screen record with ffmpeg to FFV1 inside mkv, then transcode that (with ffmpeg too) to gif. Or better yet, don't use gif at all, because it's a shit format.
Vikraant Singh Sanwal via arch-general
2017-07-13 16:54:31 UTC
Hey!

This looks like a decent list: https://itsfoss.com/best-gif-recorder-linux/

Hope it helps.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general <
Post by Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general
Hello,
I've been trying peek and it's absolutely horrible on my machine (8 GB
RAM, Integrated Video card, AMD FX - 6100) . Is there any good screen
recorder that can do full HD gif recording ?
Thanks
Sent from Nylas Mail<https://n1.nylas.com/link/
d370e38f9b6085d8ca0d311b78c36265cb45947689d5d83676759f3ae200
e6c7/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%3Fref%3Dn1>, the best free email
app for work
Vikraant Singh Sanwal
Outdoor Educator
AmAlwaysHappy.blogspot.com
____________________________________
Marcelo "Marc" Ranolfi via arch-general
2017-07-13 19:48:11 UTC
KShare is worth keeping an eye on. It's based on the (excellent)
ShareX for Windows, and the developer is active.

____________________________________
Ben Oliver via arch-general
2017-07-16 08:28:26 UTC
I have a little script in my PATH that does kind of what Nicolas
mentioned. I stole it from somewhere but I can't remember the source,
sorry.

I should probably switch to webm or something but this has worked well
for me so far when it comes to just recording 1-6 second UI/UX stuff.

http://ix.io/ywg
Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general
Grady Martin via arch-general
2017-07-21 07:45:07 UTC
Post by Vikraant Singh Sanwal via arch-general
This looks like a decent list: https://itsfoss.com/best-gif-recorder-linux/
I like how they listed CLI as a con for Byzanz (which works well, by the way).

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/byzanz/
Andre "Osku" Schmidt via arch-general
2017-07-22 06:50:35 UTC
this might be useful too