netctl multiple dns servers
Add Reply
David Rosenstrauch
2017-12-24 19:30:13 UTC
I'm using netctl to initialize my server's network stack, using a tweak
of the "ethernet-static" example profile. I'm specifying a list of DNS
servers, but only one of them is winding up in the resolv.conf file.
I'm wondering why/how to fix.

In my netctl profile:
DNS=('127.0.0.1' '208.67.222.222' '208.67.220.220')

The resulting resolv.conf:
# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 127.0.0.1

Any idea what the issue is? Does netctl not correctly handle an array
of dns server names?

Thanks,

DR
David Runge
2017-12-24 20:01:14 UTC
Hi David,

I refrain from using netctl. Currently I have setup that only requires systemd-networkd. For my server I use unbound as local dns and forward requests to several instances of dnscrypt-proxy.
Unbound is not much overhead and is caching, so this could be of benefit depending on your setup.

I'm away from real hardware, but can send some details about the setup when I'm back, if you're interested.

Best,
David
--
https://sleepmap.de