Arch Nim package
Peter Munch-Ellingsen
2017-03-07 16:51:13 UTC
the Nim package: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/nim/
was marked out of date on 2016-10-24 but it's still not edited to reflect
the new version of 0.16.2. Would anyone be so kind to adopt this package?
If not could the package be dropped to AUR?

Peter
Leonidas Spyropoulos via arch-general
2017-03-07 17:01:38 UTC
Post by Peter Munch-Ellingsen
Hi,
the Nim package: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/nim/
was marked out of date on 2016-10-24 but it's still not edited to reflect
the new version of 0.16.2. Would anyone be so kind to adopt this package?
If not could the package be dropped to AUR?
Peter
Hello,

As discussed in IRC I'd be happy to adopt this once it goes to AUR.

Leonidas Spyropoulos

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
2017-03-07 18:05:46 UTC
Post by Leonidas Spyropoulos via arch-general
Post by Peter Munch-Ellingsen
Hi,
the Nim package: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/nim/
was marked out of date on 2016-10-24 but it's still not edited to reflect
the new version of 0.16.2. Would anyone be so kind to adopt this package?
If not could the package be dropped to AUR?
Peter
Hello,
As discussed in IRC I'd be happy to adopt this once it goes to AUR.
The maintainer is not inactive though... I don't know why he hasn't
updated it yet, but it isn't in need of *adoption* on account of it
isn't *orphaned*.

Perhaps you could try emailing Alexander Rødseth to inquire into its
lateness? It is after all, his choice whether he wishes to continue
maintaining it in the repos or not.
Doug Newgard
2017-03-07 18:26:57 UTC
On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 13:05:46 -0500
Post by Eli Schwartz via arch-general
Post by Leonidas Spyropoulos via arch-general
Post by Peter Munch-Ellingsen
Hi,
the Nim package: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/nim/
was marked out of date on 2016-10-24 but it's still not edited to reflect
the new version of 0.16.2. Would anyone be so kind to adopt this package?
If not could the package be dropped to AUR?
Peter
Hello,
As discussed in IRC I'd be happy to adopt this once it goes to AUR.
The maintainer is not inactive though... I don't know why he hasn't
updated it yet, but it isn't in need of *adoption* on account of it
isn't *orphaned*.
Perhaps you could try emailing Alexander RÞdseth to inquire into its
lateness? It is after all, his choice whether he wishes to continue
maintaining it in the repos or not.
It's not orphaned now, it was when this email was sent. Alexander RÞdseth
is not the maintainer, either
Peter Munch-Ellingsen
2017-03-07 19:01:14 UTC
Post by Doug Newgard
[...]
It's not orphaned now, it was when this email was sent. Alexander Rødseth
is not the maintainer, either
I even tried to send him an e-mail as well, to which I received no reply.
Peter
Alexander F Rødseth
2017-03-10 20:11:04 UTC

Levente Polyak is the current maintainer of nim. I was the previous
maintainer a couple of months back.
--
Sincerely,
Alexander F Rødseth