Password managers implementing org.freedesktop.secrets?
Peter Nabbefeld
2018-07-25 20:57:09 UTC

the only password managers I found documented to implement
org.freedesktop.secrets are kwallet and gnome-keyring. Does somebody
know any others, probably GTK-based? I'm using XFCE4, so I'd like to
install an alternative application, if possible.

Kind regards
Peter
mike lojkovic via arch-general
Peter
Jerome Leclanche
2018-07-25 21:16:46 UTC
Keepass doesn't support it yet.
But KeepassXC could use the help to implement it, if anyone feels like
contributing:
https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/issues/1403

J. Leclanche
On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:15 AM mike lojkovic via arch-general
Post by mike lojkovic via arch-general
You can look into KeePass.
Hello,
Peter
Ralf Mardorf
2018-07-25 21:15:27 UTC
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
the only password managers I found documented to implement
org.freedesktop.secrets are kwallet and gnome-keyring. Does somebody
know any others, probably GTK-based? I'm using XFCE4, so I'd like to
install an alternative application, if possible.
gnome-keyring is an optional dependency of xfce4-session, so I don't
understand why you like to install an alternative. The virtual
filesystem implementation for xfce is gvfs, so it's not unusual that
xfce users install gnome related software.
Peter Nabbefeld
2018-07-26 09:05:13 UTC
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
the only password managers I found documented to implement
org.freedesktop.secrets are kwallet and gnome-keyring. Does somebody
know any others, probably GTK-based? I'm using XFCE4, so I'd like to
install an alternative application, if possible.
gnome-keyring is an optional dependency of xfce4-session, so I don't
understand why you like to install an alternative. The virtual
filesystem implementation for xfce is gvfs, so it's not unusual that
xfce users install gnome related software.
Thank You, Ralf, haven't been aware of this.

Kind regards

Peter