Weird artifacts after every pacman transaction
Chorom Potro
2017-10-28 05:33:39 UTC

Couple of days ago my power was cut in the middle of an update (pacman was updating purpose and atk), after the failed update my system would not run any app because libpurpose and libatk was corrupted. So I did a force reinstallation of both.

Now everything is working but after each transaction I am seeing a bunch of texts like these:

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.57 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavformat.so.57 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswscale.so.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.57.107.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswresample.so.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswresample.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswscale.so.4.8.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpostproc.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavutil.so.55.78.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpostproc.so.54 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavformat.so.57.83.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavutil.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.57 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavresample.so.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavfilter.so.6.107.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavcodec.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavutil.so.55 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswscale.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswresample.so.2.9.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavformat.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavfilter.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavresample.so.3.7.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.57.10.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpostproc.so.54.7.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavfilter.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavresample.so is empty, not checked.

Is there a way to get these removed?
Cheers
Nirjhor (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-89a477ef-***@nirjhor-arch/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fnirjhor&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org)

Sent from Mailspring (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-89a477ef-***@nirjhor-arch/1?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%3Fref%3Dclient&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org), the best free email app for work
Jérôme M. Berger
2017-10-28 05:52:50 UTC
Post by Chorom Potro
Hello,
Couple of days ago my power was cut in the middle of an update (pacman was updating purpose and atk), after the failed update my system would not run any app because libpurpose and libatk was corrupted. So I did a force reinstallation of both.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.57 is empty, not checked.
... Reinstall ffmpeg, it was probably part of the same botched update and
you haven't seen it yet because fewer apps depend on it.

Jerome
--
mailto:***@free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr