Where do you host your personal repository?
Add Reply
Giovanni Santini via arch-general
2017-05-15 08:16:47 UTC
Good morning,
It has been a few time since I am hosting packages on OpenSUSE OBS (Open
Build Service). I find myself kinda good, but I have to tackle some
problems it makes that I don't really like.
So I wanted to ask to you where do you host your packages, if you have a
private server or you take advantage of already present services.
I was also wondering if some integration with Gitlab/Github could be
possible. That would be cool.
--
Giovanni Santini
My blog: http://giovannisantini.tk
My GPG: 2FADEBF5
Jelle van der Waa
2017-05-15 18:56:24 UTC
Post by Giovanni Santini via arch-general
Good morning,
It has been a few time since I am hosting packages on OpenSUSE OBS (Open
Build Service). I find myself kinda good, but I have to tackle some
problems it makes that I don't really like.
So I wanted to ask to you where do you host your packages, if you have a
private server or you take advantage of already present services.
I use a private server, OBS has some major issues (it's crammed, doesn't
have all the packages due to licensing).
Post by Giovanni Santini via arch-general
I was also wondering if some integration with Gitlab/Github could be
possible. That would be cool.
What kind of integration are you looking for?
Jelle van der Waa
Giovanni Santini via arch-general
2017-05-17 11:57:32 UTC
Post by Jelle van der Waa
I use a private server, OBS has some major issues (it's crammed, doesn't
have all the packages due to licensing).
Luckily, now Arch:Community is present and works pretty well.
Had only to add ffmpeg to my repo.
Post by Jelle van der Waa
What kind of integration are you looking for?
Something like:
- Updating my master repo, which contains all the packages as git modules
- Using CI (Travis I suppose) having the package built and deployed to
the releases of the same service
Post by Jelle van der Waa
I also plan to create a custom repo somewhere, so I have the same question.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unofficial_user_repositories
If you want some suggestion about using OpenBuildService, just tell me. ;)
My GPG: 2FADEBF5
SanskritFritz via arch-general
2017-05-15 20:02:57 UTC
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Giovanni Santini via arch-general <
Post by Giovanni Santini via arch-general
Good morning,
It has been a few time since I am hosting packages on OpenSUSE OBS (Open
Build Service). I find myself kinda good, but I have to tackle some
problems it makes that I don't really like.
So I wanted to ask to you where do you host your packages, if you have a
private server or you take advantage of already present services.
I also plan to create a custom repo somewhere, so I have the same question.
In the meantime you can check out this list, maybe you get some ideas:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unofficial_user_repositories