Help with wav files
pete via arch-general
2018-06-16 21:53:58 UTC
Hi .

A little off subject but hope someone can help .

I have some cd copies of albums ( i do actually own the albums) the cds
are just 2 tracks one per side i have no way to play vynl albums right
now i need to split these 2 tracks into their seperate tracks as per
the LP's i have tried Audacity with out much luck is there a command
line utility that i can give the start and finish positions and it wil
do the cutting and saving for me as i hope this will be simpler and
quicker

Thanks for any suggestions ( i will be away for a week from sunday )
so if i dont reply to suggestions it because i have no net access where
i wil be .

Pete .
Jeanette C. via arch-general
2018-06-16 21:57:15 UTC
Jun 16 2018, pete via arch-general has written:
Post by pete via arch-general
is there a command
line utility that i can give the start and finish positions and it wil
do the cutting and saving for me as i hope this will be simpler and
quicker
Hi Pete,
there are several. Sox. see man sox and search for trim (use / to
search). There are several ways trim can be used. The manpage gives
examples. More detailed info possibly in
man soxeffect
Ecasound:
ecasound -i input.wav -y:start_time -o output.wav -t:running_time
possibly more...

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm so curious, what do you think of me <3
(Britney Spears)
Storm Dragon via arch-general
2018-06-16 22:01:10 UTC
Howdy Pete,

There are a few things you can use. Probably the easiest, for your specific task, is a utility called mp3splt.

extra/mp3splt 2.6.2-2 [installed]
Commandline tool for splitting mp3 and ogg files without decoding

HTH
Storm