Ardour 5.11
Add Reply
David Runge
2017-09-11 10:11:24 UTC
Hey Ray (and all interested),

thought I'd share an updated PKGBUILD for Ardour.
Please update to the latest version!
5.9 is unusable, when working with OSC to control it (segfaults).

I know there is some AUR package, but ardour 5.11 is a stable release
and should therefore be in the main repos.

Best,
David
https://sleepmap.de
Ralf Mardorf
2017-09-11 18:10:04 UTC
There's not only the AUR package, asp is your friend, too.

cd /tmp/
asp checkout ardour
cd ardour/trunk/

edit the PKGBUILD's pkgver to 5.11 , don't worry about the checksum,
it's already skipped

makepkg -s

I build 5.11 a month ago, but didn't use it. However, much likely you
don't need to edit more than the pkgver.
David Runge
2017-09-11 19:31:20 UTC
There's not only the AUR package, asp is your friend, too.
cd /tmp/
asp checkout ardour
cd ardour/trunk/
edit the PKGBUILD's pkgver to 5.11 , don't worry about the checksum,
it's already skipped
makepkg -s
I build 5.11 a month ago, but didn't use it. However, much likely you
don't need to edit more than the pkgver.
That's what I did :-)
Would just like to push it to the main repos again, and if Ray gets some info on "everything's working fine so far", maybe things will be faster.

Best,
Dave

Hey Ralf,
https://sleepmap.de
Eli Schwartz
2017-09-12 01:59:58 UTC
Post by David Runge
Hey Ray (and all interested),
thought I'd share an updated PKGBUILD for Ardour.
Please update to the latest version!
5.9 is unusable, when working with OSC to control it (segfaults).
I know there is some AUR package, but ardour 5.11 is a stable release
and should therefore be in the main repos.
"An updated PKGBUILD" makes it sound like you did something significant
there.

Why not just say "I thought I'd just mention, `asp checkout ardour` and
bumping the pkgver is enough to build the latest version, and I've been
testing it and it works fine for me"?

It is far less confusing when people actually understand at a glance
what you're actually saying.
I hereby request of you to be less confusing. ;)
David Runge
2017-09-12 08:13:11 UTC
Post by Eli Schwartz
Post by David Runge
Hey Ray (and all interested),
thought I'd share an updated PKGBUILD for Ardour.
Please update to the latest version!
5.9 is unusable, when working with OSC to control it (segfaults).
I know there is some AUR package, but ardour 5.11 is a stable release
and should therefore be in the main repos.
"An updated PKGBUILD" makes it sound like you did something significant
there.
Why not just say "I thought I'd just mention, `asp checkout ardour` and
bumping the pkgver is enough to build the latest version, and I've been
testing it and it works fine for me"?
It is far less confusing when people actually understand at a glance
what you're actually saying.
I hereby request of you to be less confusing. ;)
Granted ;-)

So: works fine for me under most conditions. Updating is easy.

However, I am still experiencing segfaults using OSC with a special audio session of mine, but that seems to be a different issue from the one I mentioned in my first mail.
New sessions don't seem to suffer from it.
https://sleepmap.de
Rob Til Freedmen via arch-general
2017-09-13 18:40:14 UTC
liblo is out of date - try liblo-0.29
David Runge
2017-09-19 19:46:44 UTC
Hey Rob,
Post by Rob Til Freedmen via arch-general
liblo is out of date - try liblo-0.29
indeed it is, but that's not the issue. I'm already on a -git version
for development reasons (and switched back and forth for testing). Seems
to be an issue with my specific ardour session in that case.
Sent an updated PKGBUILD for liblo to Ray Rashif, so it might hit
testing soon.

Also: Ardour 5.12 is out now and I hope it will get bumped up, too.
--
https://sleepmap.de