Thunderbird doesn't show e-mails
Giovanni Santini via arch-general
2017-10-29 12:44:02 UTC
Hello everyone,
I have a weird issue.
My uni e-mail uses Office 365 as e-mail provider; I've added it in
Thunderbird, but I can see only unread e-mails. All the read one are not
appearing in my inbox.
However, if I `cat` the INBOX file, I can see the e-mails and if I mark
them as unread from somewhere else I can see them.
Also, adding the e-mail address on Thunderbird on Windows doesn't have
the same problem.
Any idea to further investgation?
--
Giovanni Santini
My blog: http://giovannisantini.tk
My GPG: 2FADEBF5
Guus Snijders via arch-general
2017-10-29 13:34:18 UTC
Op 29 okt. 2017 13:44 schreef "Giovanni Santini via arch-general" <
arch-***@archlinux.org>:

Hello everyone,
I have a weird issue.
My uni e-mail uses Office 365 as e-mail provider; I've added it in
Thunderbird, but I can see only unread e-mails. All the read one are not
appearing in my inbox.
However, if I `cat` the INBOX file, I can see the e-mails and if I mark
them as unread from somewhere else I can see them.

Just a wild guess, but you probably have a display filter active in
Thunderbird...

My first thought was about the protocol (pop3 vs imap), but since the mails
are actually there in the mbox file, it'sprobably just a filter.

Mvg, Guus Snijders
Ryan Petris via arch-general
2017-10-29 15:10:36 UTC
Post by Guus Snijders via arch-general
Op 29 okt. 2017 13:44 schreef "Giovanni Santini via arch-general" <
Hello everyone,
I have a weird issue.
My uni e-mail uses Office 365 as e-mail provider; I've added it in
Thunderbird, but I can see only unread e-mails. All the read one are not
appearing in my inbox.
However, if I `cat` the INBOX file, I can see the e-mails and if I mark
them as unread from somewhere else I can see them.
Just a wild guess, but you probably have a display filter active in
Thunderbird...
My first thought was about the protocol (pop3 vs imap), but since the mails
are actually there in the mbox file, it'sprobably just a filter.
Mvg, Guus Snijders
There's an "Unread" button above the email list on the left, maybe
that's pressed?
Giovanni Santini via arch-general
2017-10-30 23:23:18 UTC
Post by Ryan Petris via arch-general
Post by Guus Snijders via arch-general
Just a wild guess, but you probably have a display filter active in
Thunderbird...
My first thought was about the protocol (pop3 vs imap), but since the mails
are actually there in the mbox file, it'sprobably just a filter.
Mvg, Guus Snijders
There's an "Unread" button above the email list on the left, maybe
that's pressed?
Hi,
Under view, menu, there should be an opsion to show read messages. HTH.
Matthew
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Thank you for all the suggestions, however it is not so trivial.
I tried all your options and nope, nothing worked.
However, enabling quick filter display some messages! Not really the
best though.
My GPG: 2FADEBF5
matthew dyer via arch-general
2017-10-29 19:30:48 UTC