nginx package compiled on testing?
Damjan Georgievski via arch-general
2017-07-13 15:34:53 UTC
At this moment packages in core/extra are:
nginx 1.12.1-1
pacman 5.0.2-1

nginx -V has
--with-cc-opt='-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
-fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'

but the pacman 5.0.2-1 version of /etc/makepkg.conf doesn't have the
-fno-plt argument.

I'd assume nginx 1.12.1-1 was compiled on a system with pacman 5.0.2-2
from testing?

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/diff/trunk/makepkg.conf?h=packages/pacman&id=0cd22d4454e0e1b3ae589b95274f808001465c15

Is this allowed?

I suspect this is one of the reasons I can't compile a dynamic module for nginx
damjan
Giancarlo Razzolini
2017-07-13 15:54:48 UTC
Post by Damjan Georgievski via arch-general
I'd assume nginx 1.12.1-1 was compiled on a system with pacman 5.0.2-2
from testing?
Yes. We are removing hardned-wrapper from makedepends.
Post by Damjan Georgievski via arch-general
Is this allowed?
Yes.
Post by Damjan Georgievski via arch-general
I suspect this is one of the reasons I can't compile a dynamic module for nginx
Probably. I suggest you either wait, switch to [testing] or add the flags to your
makepkg.conf manually.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
2017-07-13 19:57:49 UTC
Post by Damjan Georgievski via arch-general
nginx 1.12.1-1
pacman 5.0.2-1
nginx -V has
--with-cc-opt='-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
-fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
but the pacman 5.0.2-1 version of /etc/makepkg.conf doesn't have the
-fno-plt argument.
I'd assume nginx 1.12.1-1 was compiled on a system with pacman 5.0.2-2
from testing?
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/diff/trunk/makepkg.conf?h=packages/pacman&id=0cd22d4454e0e1b3ae589b95274f808001465c15
Is this allowed?
I, the undersigned, do hereby allow rebuilding packages against
repository other than the target one if such recommendation has been
given in the todo description.

Bartłomiej Piotrowski