deluge post-install
Add Reply
Jude DaShiell
2018-03-20 09:55:11 UTC
A warning about a missing service_identity module comes up when
deluge-console is used and I am probably not taking all correct steps to
install that module to clear this warning. Is this something that can be
left alone or has to be left alone? If I found the right module when it
installs it doesn't also bring in any dependencies. Should the package
build for deluge have this module and dependencies added to it?

John Ramsden via arch-general
2018-03-20 17:00:25 UTC
As the wiki mentions [1], you may need to install python2-service-identity.

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Deluge#No_module_named_service_identity
Jude DaShiell
2018-03-24 13:17:09 UTC
One problem,
Collecting python2-service-identity
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
python2-service-identity (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for python2-service-identity

On Tue, 20 Mar
2018, John
Jude DaShiell
2018-03-24 13:29:07 UTC
Interesting pip and pip3 found nothing. pypi though found a bunch of
packages. Now I need to learn how to use pypi since when I did a search
with the package I got into an unfamiliar interface and further with it
than had been the case previously.
Doug Newgard via arch-general
2018-03-24 13:48:20 UTC
On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 09:29:07 -0400
Post by Jude DaShiell
Interesting pip and pip3 found nothing. pypi though found a bunch of
packages. Now I need to learn how to use pypi since when I did a search
with the package I got into an unfamiliar interface and further with it
than had been the case previously.
Pacman, not pip. And stop top posting.