initi issue
Frank
2017-04-05 18:22:07 UTC
Good evening,

I'm having troubles booting my laptop. I do get the following error:
Failed to execute /init (error -2)
Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. TRy passing init=
option to kernel
CPU: 3 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.10.2-1-ARCH #1
Call trace:
dump_stack+0x63/0x83
? csum_partial_copy_generic+0x170/0x170
panic+0xe/0x22d
? putname+0x54/0x60
? rest_init+0x90/0x90
kernel_init+0xeb/0x100
ret_from_fork+0x2c/0x40
Kernel Offset: disabled

I've booted from archiso and chrooted in the system, tried to reinstall
kernel, did an upgrade, made ne initrd and reinstalled grub without any
success.
THX Frank
Radostin Stoyanov via arch-general
2017-04-05 18:38:44 UTC
Hi Frank, you try with this:

1. Boot archiso and chrooted in the system.

2. Mount your boot partition

- In my case it is: mount /dev/sda1 /boot

3. Run mkinitcpio

- In my case it is: mkinitcpio -p linux-lts

Rado
Good evening,
THX Frank
Martin Kühne via arch-general
2017-04-05 18:39:00 UTC
You should make sure you have:
- systemd-sysvcompat installed properly
Another way which I'm using (since I consider that package silly) is this:
- add init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in
/etc/default/grub and run grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg -- or
the according action using your bootloader.

Your system basically doesn't know what to run as pid 1.

cheers!
mar77i
Ralf Mardorf
2017-04-05 18:56:39 UTC
Post by Frank
Good evening,
Failed to execute /init (error -2)
Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. TRy passing init=
option to kernel
CPU: 3 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.10.2-1-ARCH #1
dump_stack+0x63/0x83
? csum_partial_copy_generic+0x170/0x170
panic+0xe/0x22d
? putname+0x54/0x60
? rest_init+0x90/0x90
kernel_init+0xeb/0x100
ret_from_fork+0x2c/0x40
Kernel Offset: disabled
I've booted from archiso and chrooted in the system, tried to reinstall
kernel, did an upgrade, made ne initrd and reinstalled grub without any
success.
THX Frank
When did that happen? After an update? If so I would tend to downgrade,
e.g.
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/linux-lts/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/downgrade/
Did you try anything else?
E.g. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=162704
or any of the other [solved] threads
https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Kernel+panic+-+not+syncing:+No+working+init+found.&*
?
Frank Zimmermann
2017-04-19 21:03:40 UTC
Did you try anything else?
E.g. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=162704
Thanks,

this hint to broken filesystem package did the job.

KR Frank