sysdig downgraded without adding a new era?
Neven Sajko via arch-general
2017-04-25 00:06:59 UTC
Anybody else got a "warning: sysdig: local (0.15.1-1) is newer than
community (0.15.0-2)" ?
Ralf Mardorf
2017-04-25 00:41:02 UTC
Post by Neven Sajko via arch-general
Anybody else got a "warning: sysdig: local (0.15.1-1) is newer than
community (0.15.0-2)" ?
Hi,

downgrades happen from time to time.

From official repositories I manually downgraded

[2017-04-25 01:22] [ALPM] downgraded openimageio (1.7.13-1 -> 1.7.10-2)

today.

But I'm pissed off by this automatic downgrade

[2017-04-25 02:09] [ALPM] downgraded pulseaudio (2013.08.18-1 -> 10.0-3)

from an empty dummy package to the version from official repositories.

Just because the pulseaudio-bluetooth package has got the version
included to the dependency and I missed it within 260 upgrades.

[***@archlinux ~]$ sudo pacman -U /var/cache/aur/current/pulseaudio-2013.08.18-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: pulseaudio-bluetooth: installing pulseaudio (2013.08.18-1) breaks dependency 'pulseaudio=10.0-3'

Fortunately I can safely remove this odd package, I don't ned anything
of this dependency chain. To avoid such an issue in the future, I'll
add all dummy packages (just pulseaudio and gvfs) to the ignore list.

[***@archlinux ~]$ pactree -r pulseaudio-bluetooth
pulseaudio-bluetooth
└─gnome-bluetooth
[***@archlinux ~]$ pactree -r gnome-bluetooth
gnome-bluetooth
[***@archlinux ~]$ sudo pacman -Rs {pulseaudio,gnome}-bluetooth
[snip]
Packages (3) bluez-5.44-1 gnome-bluetooth-3.20.1+1+ge902d1a-1 pulseaudio-bluetooth-10.0-3

Regards,
Ralf
Eli Schwartz via arch-general
2017-04-25 01:03:36 UTC
downgrades happen from time to time.
When they do, it is a bug. Why on earth do you think epoch exists anyway?

Note: custom packages are tangential to this thread, please vent elsewhere.
2017-04-25 01:39:57 UTC
Post by Eli Schwartz via arch-general
Post by Ralf Mardorf
downgrades happen from time to time.
When they do, it is a bug. Why on earth do you think epoch exists anyway?
They might happen unintended, but all downgrades from official
repositories I experienced worked.

However, I didn't report a bug, openimageio 1.7.13-2 is already in
community.
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/openimageio/
Post by Eli Schwartz via arch-general
please vent elsewhere
:D

Have you ever considered to make use of professional psychological help?
Nearly each of your replies, whomsoever you answer, has got a
condescending tone. It's funny for the reader, if you make a fool of
yourself, but I suspect being that instable must be a pain for you.
Oon-Ee Ng via arch-general
2017-04-25 02:59:20 UTC
Have you ever considered to make use of professional psychological help?
Nearly each of your replies, whomsoever you answer, has got a
condescending tone. It's funny for the reader, if you make a fool of
yourself, but I suspect being that instable must be a pain for you.
That is out of line, not just for this mailing list but for any public
civil discussion. Especially from yourself, as from certain perspectives
the paragraph above may apply to you as well, to a degree.

Take it to private mails if you need to.

Eli Schwartz via arch-general
2017-04-25 01:01:53 UTC
Post by Neven Sajko via arch-general
Anybody else got a "warning: sysdig: local (0.15.1-1) is newer than
community (0.15.0-2)" ?
File a bugreport, the version in staging/testing (which was part of the
openssl 1.1 rebuild) was older than the new version which was pushed to
community... but not rebuilt for openssl 1.1 in testing at the same time.

This occasionally happens by accident during large rebuilds, as soon as
the maintainer becomes aware he will certainly push 0.15.1-2 to fix it. :)