Question regarding cmake
Add Reply
Valo
2017-10-10 12:45:15 UTC
Hello everybody,

I noticed that extra/cmake depends on core or extra packages exception
made for community/rhash.

I was trying to use build.opensuse.org to build a package but was unable
to use cmake due to the fact that it depends on a package in community
which is not included in build.opensuse.org

My question is: is it fine for an extra package to depend on a package
found in community?

I tried to search for policies but didn't find anything.

It would be really helpful if rhash could be brought in extra or, if not
strictly needed by cmake, to be made an optdep for it.

I checked on debian.packages.org, they have 3.9.3-1 as the latest
version of cmake which don't depend on rhash, I can't say anything for
version 3.9.4 currently in extra.

I'm saying it would be useful as cmake is used by many project ad being
able to use it on opensuse build service would enable more packages to
be built there for Arch.

Thanks,
--
sValo
--
PGP ID 0x06DD1631
--
www.eigenlab.org

Thanks
Jelle van der Waa
2017-10-10 12:50:12 UTC
Post by Valo
Hello everybody,
I noticed that extra/cmake depends on core or extra packages exception
made for community/rhash.
I was trying to use build.opensuse.org to build a package but was unable
to use cmake due to the fact that it depends on a package in community
which is not included in build.opensuse.org
My question is: is it fine for an extra package to depend on a package
found in community?
That would be a lot better.
Post by Valo
I tried to search for policies but didn't find anything.
Only unwritten rules I believe.
Post by Valo
I'm saying it would be useful as cmake is used by many project ad being
able to use it on opensuse build service would enable more packages to
be built there for Arch.
To be honest, this is also a bit silly of OBS (also filtering a lot of
"license" issue packages) and I believe you can actually enable the
community repo on it.
Jelle van der Waa
Valo
2017-10-10 15:39:43 UTC
Post by Jelle van der Waa
To be honest, this is also a bit silly of OBS (also filtering a lot of
"license" issue packages) and I believe you can actually enable the
community repo on it.
Thanks, as I started to experiment with OBS only in the last days I
didn't notice that I could add additional paths under di repository and
it actually turned out there is an Arch:Community repo.
I just couldn't find at the beginning and found only resources stating
community packages weren't available.

Thanks and sorry for the noise
--
sValo