Why was php conflict 'php-mcrypt<=7.1' added? Breaks php56-mcrypt?
Add Reply
David C. Rankin
2017-12-04 05:06:54 UTC
All,

Why was the conflict 'php-mcrypt<=7.1' added to php? It now seeks to
remove php56-mcrypt. I require both for older web apps not yet ported to
php7. These packages do not conflict as I have used both for a couple of
years. Now I get:

:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: php and php56-mcrypt are in conflict (php-mcrypt). Remove
php56-mcrypt? [y/N]
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: php and php56-mcrypt are in conflict (php-mcrypt<=7.1)

Does this need to be fixed in AUR or is there a better way to handle
this??
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
David C. Rankin
2017-12-04 05:39:02 UTC
Post by David C. Rankin
All,
Why was the conflict 'php-mcrypt<=7.1' added to php? It now seeks to
remove php56-mcrypt. I require both for older web apps not yet ported to
php7. These packages do not conflict as I have used both for a couple of
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: php and php56-mcrypt are in conflict (php-mcrypt). Remove
php56-mcrypt? [y/N]
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: php and php56-mcrypt are in conflict (php-mcrypt<=7.1)
Does this need to be fixed in AUR or is there a better way to handle
this??
Seems like it is already fixed under the title "Remove useless conflict"

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/php&id=e1c14f1569f7da2fd0acf4738771be1eb1096f1d
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
David C. Rankin
2017-12-04 06:01:45 UTC
Post by David C. Rankin
Seems like it is already fixed under the title "Remove useless conflict"
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/php&id=e1c14f1569f7da2fd0acf4738771be1eb1096f1d
Pierre,

This will still need a minor version bump to be picked up by the mirrors.
Unless I'm reading the changelog wrong, the version was never updated from
7.2-1 to 7.2-2 with this change, so the removal of the conflict isn't being
propagated to the mirrors.
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Jelle van der Waa
2017-12-04 08:26:51 UTC
Post by David C. Rankin
Post by David C. Rankin
Seems like it is already fixed under the title "Remove useless conflict"
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/php&id=e1c14f1569f7da2fd0acf4738771be1eb1096f1d
Pierre,
This will still need a minor version bump to be picked up by the mirrors.
Unless I'm reading the changelog wrong, the version was never updated from
7.2-1 to 7.2-2 with this change, so the removal of the conflict isn't being
propagated to the mirrors.
Packagers aren't required to subscribe to arch-general, so it's best to
create a bugreport for this issue.
Jelle van der Waa
David C. Rankin
2017-12-04 14:38:22 UTC
Post by Jelle van der Waa
Packagers aren't required to subscribe to arch-general, so it's best to
create a bugreport for this issue.
Done: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/56566

Thanks.
--