gscan2pdf - could it be included in the official arch repositories?
Stephan Fuchs via arch-general
2017-09-25 15:15:57 UTC
Hello!

I would like to ask if the program gscan2pdf could be included in the
official arch repositories.
In particular also for all necessary perl dependencies to work

For me and many other people it is a very important office program.
(179 votes)
With it we can scan all letters and documents easily for archiving with
gscan2pdf.

In the AUR, there have been some problems since the packages are
outdated.
And since I regard as important, I want to ask if it is feasibl to
included gscan2pdf in the official repositories. There are currently no
alternatives.

best regards
Stephan Fuchs
LoneVVolf
2017-09-26 10:06:11 UTC
Post by Stephan Fuchs via arch-general
Hello!
I would like to ask if the program gscan2pdf could be included in the
official arch repositories.
There are currently no
alternatives.
best regards
Stephan Fuchs
Hi,

[community] repo has 3 programs that could be an alternative :

simple-scan (gtk3)
scanlite (requires some kde libraries)
gambas3-gb-scanner (a frontend for scanimage command, written in the
programming language gambas3 )

What functionality does gscan2pdf bring that none of 3 alternatives have ?

LVV