arch-security: CVE and ASA wiki logging
G. Schlisio
2017-01-16 21:43:23 UTC
Hi all,

I appreciate the service of our valued Arch CVE Monitoring Team a lot.
Since new year there are no more CVEs and ASAs logged on the respective
Wiki pages [0] and [1], although ASAs are (thankfully!) still issued to
arch-security.
Is there a reason for discontinuing logging to the well-known wiki pages
e.g. did logging move to another location, or is the security team in
need of help keeping up with the work?
Please let us know! Thankyou in advance

Georg

[0] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CVE
[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Security_Advisories
Simon Doppler
2017-01-16 21:53:00 UTC
Post by G. Schlisio
Hi all,
I appreciate the service of our valued Arch CVE Monitoring Team a lot.
Since new year there are no more CVEs and ASAs logged on the respective
Wiki pages [0] and [1], although ASAs are (thankfully!) still issued to
arch-security.
Is there a reason for discontinuing logging to the well-known wiki pages
e.g. did logging move to another location, or is the security team in
need of help keeping up with the work?
Please let us know! Thankyou in advance
Georg
[0] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CVE
[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Security_Advisories
Hi,

Logging was moved to a dedicated subdomain [0], but it is still under
development (the source code is on GitHub [1]). Apparently they forgot to
mention it (I got the info from the arch-audit [2] repo, here [3]).
--
Simon Doppler (dopsi)

[0] https://security.archlinux.org/
[1] https://github.com/anthraxx/arch-security-tracker
[2] https://github.com/ilpianista/arch-audit
[3] https://github.com/ilpianista/arch-audit/issues/13#issuecomment-263270673
G. Schlisio
2017-01-16 21:57:49 UTC
Post by Simon Doppler
Logging was moved to a dedicated subdomain [0], but it is still under
development (the source code is on GitHub [1]). Apparently they forgot to
mention it (I got the info from the arch-audit [2] repo, here [3]).
very interesting, thank you, simon.
a deprecation notice on the wiki page will surely be appropriate at some
time. i'm sure they have a plan

georg
Jelle van der Waa
2017-01-17 09:01:29 UTC
Post by G. Schlisio
Post by Simon Doppler
Logging was moved to a dedicated subdomain [0], but it is still under
development (the source code is on GitHub [1]). Apparently they forgot to
mention it (I got the info from the arch-audit [2] repo, here [3]).
very interesting, thank you, simon.
a deprecation notice on the wiki page will surely be appropriate at some
time. i'm sure they have a plan
CVE / ASA logging or however you call it is now officially hosted on
https://security.archlinux.org

The wiki is dead, long live the new awesome tracker :)
Jelle van der Waa
Maxwell Anselm via arch-general
2017-01-17 18:41:32 UTC
Post by Jelle van der Waa
CVE / ASA logging or however you call it is now officially hosted on
https://security.archlinux.org
The wiki is dead, long live the new awesome tracker :)
I will archive the old wiki articles in about a week. Get your arguments in
now if you want them to stick around.