Wireless hardware inconsistent behaviour
Ashwin via arch-general
2018-03-27 17:30:09 UTC
Hey everyone,

I am running Manjaro Linux on a Dell Inspiron 5370. I always have low wifi signal strength and connecting to new networks is almost always a pain.

The network manager applet is forever frozen and nmtui keeps dropping network connects.

Is there a way I can debug this or look at solving the problem for good? I tried all options in the networking page on the archlinux wiki but none of them seem to properly solve the problem for me.

Warm Regards,
Ashwin.
Jelle van der Waa
2018-03-27 17:53:45 UTC
Post by Ashwin via arch-general
Hey everyone,
I am running Manjaro Linux on a Dell Inspiron 5370. I always have low wifi signal strength and connecting to new networks is almost always a pain.
This mailing list is for Arch Linux only and since Manjaro is a separate
distro we can't help you here.
Post by Ashwin via arch-general
The network manager applet is forever frozen and nmtui keeps dropping network connects.
Is there a way I can debug this or look at solving the problem for good? I tried all options in the networking page on the archlinux wiki but none of them seem to properly solve the problem for me.
Check the logs
Jelle van der Waa
Ashwin via arch-general

Jelle van der Waa
Ivy Foster
2018-03-27 17:59:57 UTC
Post by Ashwin via arch-general
Hey everyone,
Hi, Ashwin,
Post by Ashwin via arch-general
I am running Manjaro [....]
Is there a way I can debug this or look at solving the problem for
good? I tried all options in the networking page on the archlinux wiki
but none of them seem to properly solve the problem for me.
You're actually going to have better luck seeking help from your own
distribution; I believe that Manjaro has forums and probably mailing
lists where they can help you out. They'll know better than anyone
here would whether there are Manjaro-specific patches or whatever.
Post by Ashwin via arch-general
Warm Regards,
And to you; best of luck.

Ivy
Thomas Dreher
2018-03-28 04:33:18 UTC
Post by Ashwin via arch-general
Hey everyone,
I am running Manjaro Linux on a Dell Inspiron 5370. I always have low wifi
signal strength and connecting to new networks is almost always a pain.
Try a live distro. May be hardware related.

greetings

Thomas