Is arch-announce mailig list dead?
someone--- via arch-general
2017-03-16 15:53:41 UTC
I noticed that the last couple of announces that have been published on the
archlinux' home page have not also been sent on the arch-announce mailing
list.
Is it supposed to be this way, or is there maybe some problem with the list?

Thank you.
Klaus Doblmann M.A.
2017-03-16 16:38:34 UTC
Post by someone--- via arch-general
Hi,
I noticed that the last couple of announces that have been published on the
archlinux' home page have not also been sent on the arch-announce mailing
list.
Is it supposed to be this way, or is there maybe some problem with the list?
Thank you.
I was wondering the same thing - only found out about the current manual
intervention via an alert from my brother...
--
Klaus Doblmann M.A.
PGP: contact me for key exchange
Ralf Mardorf
2017-03-16 16:49:34 UTC
Post by Klaus Doblmann M.A.
I was wondering the same thing - only found out about the current
manual intervention via an alert from my brother...
You would have noticed this without the warning from your brother,
too ;).

Regards,
Ralf

PS: When the upgrade didn't work, the first thing I did was running

pacman -Qo /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

and after that I visited https://www.archlinux.org/ to see, if there
are news about this issue or if just my install is fishy.
Anast Gramm via arch-general
So, what's going on with the mailing list?
Florian Pritz via arch-general
2017-03-16 18:21:21 UTC
Post by Anast Gramm via arch-general
So, what's going on with the mailing list?
Thanks for reporting this problem.

We've forgotten to migrate the service that creates those mails. It will
be resolved soon. Likely either by implementing the sending function
directly into the website or reinstalling the service.

Florian