AMDGPU on Wayland
Add Reply
ente
2018-04-15 13:13:42 UTC
Since the update on mesa 18.0.0-4 this morning I am having trouble to
start gdm or any other 3d accelerated program on my AMD RX580. A
rollback did not help. Xorg shows "DRI 2 and 3 are unavailable". Weston
fails to start with a similar error.

Anyone having similar problems? Which packages should I roll back to an
older version?

Thanks,

ente
Marcelo "Marc" Ranolfi via arch-general
2018-04-15 23:08:10 UTC
No similar problems with RX550 on kernel 4.16.2 and latest mesa packages,
although Gnome Videos (totem) is buggy. I can't click any buttons.

DRI not available sounds like a kernel issue. What does 'dmesg | grep drm'
show you?
ente
n***@netcourrier.com
2018-04-16 07:48:39 UTC
Post by ente
Anyone having similar problems?
any other 3d accelerated program on my AMD RX580
I can login with mesa 18.0.0-4 on KDE-Wayland with RX480.
A Qt based 3D application (Slicer) loads, but can't render a
3D model. Now I didn't try with mesa 18.0.0-3. No problem
on pure X however.