HSP/HFP profile on Bluetooth Headset causing problems
Add Reply
Peter Nabbefeld
2017-01-30 15:26:08 UTC

I want to use HSP/HFP profile on a Bluetooth Headset, because its
microphone doesn't work with A2DP.

When I activate the headset with HSP/HFP profile, it works until I stop
speaking. Headset input is turned off then, and isn't turned on even
when speaking again.

Using jack2-dbus and pulseaudio, latest update this morning.

Kind regards
Peter
Jerome Leclanche
2017-01-30 20:49:05 UTC
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
Hello,
I want to use HSP/HFP profile on a Bluetooth Headset, because its microphone
doesn't work with A2DP.
When I activate the headset with HSP/HFP profile, it works until I stop
speaking. Headset input is turned off then, and isn't turned on even when
speaking again.
Using jack2-dbus and pulseaudio, latest update this morning.
Kind regards
Peter
What's the headset model?
J. Leclanche
Peter Nabbefeld
2017-01-31 05:26:07 UTC
Post by Jerome Leclanche
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
Hello,
I want to use HSP/HFP profile on a Bluetooth Headset, because its microphone
doesn't work with A2DP.
When I activate the headset with HSP/HFP profile, it works until I stop
speaking. Headset input is turned off then, and isn't turned on even when
speaking again.
Using jack2-dbus and pulseaudio, latest update this morning.
Kind regards
Peter
What's the headset model?
J. Leclanche
Headset model is EP650. I've also attached /etc/asound.conf and
/etc/pulse/default.pa.

Kind regards
P.
Peter Nabbefeld
2017-01-31 05:36:06 UTC
Post by Jerome Leclanche
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
Hello,
I want to use HSP/HFP profile on a Bluetooth Headset, because its microphone
doesn't work with A2DP.
When I activate the headset with HSP/HFP profile, it works until I stop
speaking. Headset input is turned off then, and isn't turned on even when
speaking again.
Using jack2-dbus and pulseaudio, latest update this morning.
Kind regards
Peter
What's the headset model?
J. Leclanche
I've installed both, pulseaudio and gstreamer - I think the latter has
been installed together with some other AUR package - might this cause
problems?

Regards
P.
Peter Nabbefeld
Found package hfpforlinux-svn in AUR, but that's not compileable.
Joan Aymà via arch-general
2017-02-01 11:14:58 UTC
How you change between a2dp and hsp/hfp profiles? What's the output
of pacmd list-sinks before and after?
Does it works well without jack?

Joan.
Post by Peter Nabbefeld