Kaffeine video problem
Add Reply
pete nikolic via arch-general
2017-03-01 17:03:42 UTC
Hi ..

Got a problem with kaffeine right now .
this is kaffeine 2.0.6 running on a fully updated KDE/Plasma system .

When i run kaffeine then try to view the TV i get audio but no video when run from
a terminal i get [00007fc300001268] vdpau_display vout display error: output surface
creation failure: a catch-all error , used when no other code applies .

digging futher it seems the nouveau_drv_video.so cant be found i cant find it on
the system either .

this system is updated daily using "pacman -Syu"

the tv was working fine a week ago came to use it 2 days ago not display and the
errors

Pete .
pete nikolic via arch-general
2017-03-01 17:17:10 UTC
Futher to the reported kaffeine problem it seems no video playback is working sound
ok no video with the same reports help needed please .

Pete .
Robert Wong via arch-general
2017-03-02 11:35:00 UTC
Not knowing what your problem exactly is... But after seeing your missing file, I would say the problem could have something to do with the NVIDIA driver...
I advice you to search the repo for package that contains this .so file.
*** Not quite sure whether it works. But have a try and tell me. ;-)

RW
Pete .
pete nikolic via arch-general
2017-03-02 19:32:58 UTC
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 19:35:00 +0800
Post by Robert Wong via arch-general
Not knowing what your problem exactly is... But after seeing your missing file, I
would say the problem could have something to do with the NVIDIA driver... I
advice you to search the repo for package that contains this .so file. *** Not
quite sure whether it works. But have a try and tell me. ;-)
RW
On Mar 2, 2017, at 1:17 AM, pete nikolic via arch-general
Post by pete nikolic via arch-general
Futher to the reported kaffeine problem it seems no video playback is working
sound ok no video with the same reports help needed please .
Pete .
Hi Thanks .

I am actually using the nouveau driver not the nvidia driver i have looked bu have
been unable to find this file or which package it belongs to .

Anyone else got amny thoughts help ect greatfull for any help on this ..

Pete .
YANG Ling via arch-general
2017-03-03 02:47:19 UTC
[...]
Pete,

Hi. I googled "nouveau_drv_video.so" and found this bug report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/44312
I am not sure whether it is related to your problem, but you can have a
look at it.

Allen Yang
pete nikolic via arch-general
2017-03-12 20:22:04 UTC
On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 19:35:00 +0800
Post by Robert Wong via arch-general
Not knowing what your problem exactly is... But after seeing your missing file, I
would say the problem could have something to do with the NVIDIA driver... I
advice you to search the repo for package that contains this .so file. *** Not
quite sure whether it works. But have a try and tell me. ;-)
RW
On Mar 2, 2017, at 1:17 AM, pete nikolic via arch-general
Post by pete nikolic via arch-general
Futher to the reported kaffeine problem it seems no video playback is working
sound ok no video with the same reports help needed please .
Pete .
Well still having this Lack of video display on all applications apart from Firefox
video playback works fine using FF .

There is obviously some corruption somewhere but am unable to find where anyone
got any ideas as to just where to start looking or indeed reinstalling packages to
fix this annoyance ..

If someone wants traces dumps ect let me know what need help on this one i dont
really want to dump everything and reinstall from scratch .

Thanks Pete .