Doing a Recompile of All Packages?
Hunter Jozwiak via arch-general
2017-12-12 07:19:50 UTC

Not sure how to pull this off effectively, but I would like to do a
recompile of the system and all it's installed packages. How does one
do this with the asp package, as the abs package no longer exists? I
imagine that it would be something along of getting the name of all
the installed packages, doing an asp checkout $packagename and then
doing the makepkg song and dance, but is there a more efficient way of
pulling this off?

Thanks,

Hunter
Eli Schwartz via arch-general
2017-12-12 13:09:21 UTC
Post by Hunter Jozwiak via arch-general
Hi,
Not sure how to pull this off effectively, but I would like to do a
recompile of the system and all it's installed packages. How does one
do this with the asp package, as the abs package no longer exists? I
imagine that it would be something along of getting the name of all
the installed packages, doing an asp checkout $packagename and then
doing the makepkg song and dance, but is there a more efficient way of
pulling this off?
Use a for loop in bash? the installed packagelist is quite easy to
obtain with `pacman -Qqn`.