Why does pulseaudio start after kill?
Peter Nabbefeld
2018-08-01 10:15:46 UTC

I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
cannot give it a log level.  :-/

Where do I find the "automatic restart", i.e. how can I stop it?

Kind regards

Peter
Jagannathan Tiruvallur Eachambadi via arch-general
2018-08-01 10:21:07 UTC
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
Hello,
I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
cannot give it a log level.  :-/
It is socket activated, so you have to disable “pulseaudio.socket” as
well.
--
Regards
Jagan
PUBKEY: https://j605.tk/pgp
Khorne
2018-08-01 10:28:06 UTC
On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 12:15:46 +0200
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
Hello,
I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
cannot give it a log level.  :-/
Where do I find the "automatic restart", i.e. how can I stop it?
Kind regards
Peter
Hello Peter,

disable the pulseaudio.socket in the user scope via systemd.

Regards,
Khorne
Peter Nabbefeld
2018-08-01 10:52:16 UTC
Post by Khorne
On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 12:15:46 +0200
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
Hello,
I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
cannot give it a log level.  :-/
Where do I find the "automatic restart", i.e. how can I stop it?
Kind regards
Peter
Hello Peter,
disable the pulseaudio.socket in the user scope via systemd.
Regards,
Khorne
Thank You, Khorne!

Now I finally have some error messages:

W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time
scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not allowed)<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error
Post by Khorne
JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time
Post by Khorne
JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
E: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: Failed to parse module arguments.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jack-source"
(argument: "# channels=2"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: Failed to parse module arguments.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jack-sink"
(argument: "# channels=2"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] module-bluez5-discover.c: failed to parse module arguments.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-bluez5-discover"
(argument: "# headset=native"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module
"module-bluetooth-discover" (argument: "# headset=native"):
initialization failed.

- Bluetooth not working properly
- Arguments cannot be commented out, will have to write separate lines
in this case
- Probably a problem with real-time audio (JACK error
Post by Khorne
JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error), which may be a result of other
errors.

I'll first correct the syntax and check the bluez driver.

Kind regards

Peter