pavucontrol doesn't find pulseaudio
Peter Nabbefeld
2017-02-20 03:30:44 UTC

I've tried to use Cadence to set up Pulseaudio with Jack, but it left my
sound configuration even more corrupted.

Now, after starting pulseaudio, even pavucontrol cannot find it.

This is how I've started pulseaudio:
$ pulseaudio --start -vv
D: [pulseaudio] conf-parser.c: Parsing configuration file
'/etc/pulse/client.conf'
D: [pulseaudio] conf-parser.c: /etc/pulse/client.conf.d does not exist,
ignoring.
I: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup successful.

So I'd expect everything should be okay - can someone tell me what to check?

Kind regards
Peter
Peter Nabbefeld
2017-02-20 07:45:46 UTC

seems loading of jack support modules blocks loading of pulseaudio.

Still trying to get my bluetooth headset (EP 650) working with HSP (A2DP
works, but only for speakers).

What I've found out so far:
- Pulseaudio can be run on top of jack, so any requests should be
delegated to jackd first, then jackd should delegate those calls to ALSA.

- A2DP is designed for one-way-communication only, thus isn't expected
to work with the headset's microphone (please correct me, if I'm wrong)

When I switch my headset to HSP, I can hear only some crazy noise, so it
seems I need some filtering, mixing or codec for it.

Kind regards
Peter
Hello,
Peter
Peter Nabbefeld
2017-02-20 07:59:03 UTC

found these messages with journalctl -xe:

Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 13
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 13
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 17
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 3328
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 17
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0
Feb 20 08:34:29 tuchola kernel: Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0

Obviously I'm missing sth. here ...

Regards
Peter
Post by Peter Nabbefeld
Hello,
seems loading of jack support modules blocks loading of pulseaudio.
Still trying to get my bluetooth headset (EP 650) working with HSP (A2DP
works, but only for speakers).
- Pulseaudio can be run on top of jack, so any requests should be
delegated to jackd first, then jackd should delegate those calls to ALSA.
- A2DP is designed for one-way-communication only, thus isn't expected
to work with the headset's microphone (please correct me, if I'm wrong)
When I switch my headset to HSP, I can hear only some crazy noise, so it
seems I need some filtering, mixing or codec for it.
Kind regards
Peter
Hello,