Firefox can't use CUPS Printer
Add Reply
Nirjhor
2017-10-02 14:13:28 UTC

I have a CUPS printer (HP) enabled and all good. My firefox is not from
repo. I am using a localized version of firefox downloaded from firefox
website. Right now I can print to a pdf and from that PDF I can print
the text. Can I locate the printer in Firefox in any way?

I'm on Arch KDE and I am using hplip if that's of any help.

Thanks

SRD
David Rosenstrauch
2017-10-02 14:19:32 UTC
Post by Nirjhor
Hello,
I have a CUPS printer (HP) enabled and all good. My firefox is not
from repo. I am using a localized version of firefox downloaded from
firefox website. Right now I can print to a pdf and from that PDF I
can print the text. Can I locate the printer in Firefox in any way?
I'm on Arch KDE and I am using hplip if that's of any help.
Thanks
SRD
Try installing package gtk3-print-backends.

HTH,

DR
Nirjhor
2017-10-02 14:29:44 UTC
Post by David Rosenstrauch
Try installing package gtk3-print-backends.
Thanks , it worked beautifully.