xdm killed after 90 seconds
Fons Adriaensen
2018-06-13 19:50:04 UTC
Hello all,

I've got a strange problem on a newly installed system.
About 90 seconds after it is started, xdm (or xdm-archlinux)
and any login session is killed. Apparently by systemd,
because of a timeout. What's happening here ?

TIA,
FA
mar77i via arch-general
2018-06-13 21:48:50 UTC
I've got a strange problem on a newly installed system.
About 90 seconds after it is started, xdm (or xdm-archlinux)
and any login session is killed. Apparently by systemd,
because of a timeout. What's happening here ?
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/58830

Fixed locally with the first two hunks skipped, which appear reversed or solved differently by upstream.

cheers!
mar77i

​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​
Fons Adriaensen
2018-06-14 21:02:29 UTC
Post by mar77i via arch-general
I've got a strange problem on a newly installed system.
About 90 seconds after it is started, xdm (or xdm-archlinux)
and any login session is killed. Apparently by systemd,
because of a timeout. What's happening here ?
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/58830
Fixed locally with the first two hunks skipped, which appear reversed or solved differently by upstream.
Thanks !

I fixed it by reverting xorg-xdm to the previous version (from another
machine), with updates of the same blocked until this is fixed.
--
FA