QT apps try to be HiDPI on a non HiDPI monitor
Ricardo Band via arch-general
2018-04-24 17:27:11 UTC
Ahoi,

I have a 1920x1080 monitor in my notebook which is afaik not HiDPI.
Even if I launch for example qtpass with:

env QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1
QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1 QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=1
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=gtk2 QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct GDK_BACKEND=x11
qtpass

It looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/jKLbeLF

I tried everything but it didn't change anything. I'm using i3, so no
fancy desktop environment that could help or not help. ;)

- --

Greetings

Ricardo Band

https:// www.ricardo.band
mailto:// ***@ricardo.band
Peter Bauer
2018-04-24 23:09:03 UTC
Post by Ricardo Band via arch-general
Ahoi,
I have a 1920x1080 monitor in my notebook which is afaik not HiDPI.
env QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1
QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1 QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=1
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=gtk2 QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct GDK_BACKEND=x11
qtpass
It looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/jKLbeLF
I tried everything but it didn't change anything. I'm using i3, so no
fancy desktop environment that could help or not help. ;)
See this stackexchange:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/433385/scaling-hidpi-issue-for-qt5-applications-under-gnome/437467

It also links to

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI#Qt_5

For seafile this helped me:

QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 nohup seafile-applet > /dev/null &

I'm using gnome on X and not wayland, maybe that makes a difference.