Mailing list web-settings?
vixsomnis
2014-12-11 21:55:58 UTC
Hi, I'm trying to update some of my settings for the mailing list, but I
can't find
the settings page on list.archlinux.org. I've tried accessing my account
via the
subscription page (e.g.
but this just sends me a security warning.

Specifically, I'd like to disable duplicate messages (from sending) and
add my
real name.

My message to ***@lists.archlinux.org was bounced back, which is why
I'm posting to this list.

Thank you for any advice you can lend.
vixsomnis
vixsomnis
vixsomnis
Neven Sajko
2014-12-11 22:32:40 UTC
Email arch-general-***@archlinux.org with 'help' in the message.
But I'm not sure the options you want are available.
Ralf Mardorf
2014-12-11 22:38:53 UTC
Post by Neven Sajko
But I'm not sure the options you want are available.
At least a direct link to the login is included, then the OP only needs
to click the link, type the password and login. No typing or copying of
the email address is needed, when using the link provided by help.
"Pull a Homer -- to succeed despite idiocy." - The Simpsons
Ralf Mardorf
2014-12-11 22:34:15 UTC
Each header provides this information:

<mailto:arch-general-***@archlinux.org?subject=help>

IOW to arch-general-***@archlinux.org send an empty mail with
the subject help and help will be send to you.

At the bottom below "To unsubscribe from arch-general, get a password
reminder, or change your subscription options enter your subscription
email address:" write your emailadress and then push "Unsubscribe or
edit options". After that type your passwort and log in.

Consider to wrap after 72 chars.
"Pull a Homer -- to succeed despite idiocy." - The Simpsons
Christian Demsar