[arch-general] lynx and lynx-current packages start up error message
Jude DaShiell
2018-04-16 14:16:27 UTC
I take it since the following message goes out over stderr it's some kind
of error.
sh: line 0: test: .: binary operator expected

This error happens after makepkg gets used to make and install
lynx-current and happened earlier with lynx.
To clear this error, do I need to adjust some configuration on this end?

David C. Rankin
2018-04-16 22:17:27 UTC
I take it since the following message goes out over stderr it's some kind of
error.
sh: line 0: test: .: binary operator expected
This error happens after makepkg gets used to make and install lynx-current
and happened earlier with lynx.
To clear this error, do I need to adjust some configuration on this end?
sh: line 0: test: .: binary operator expected

Generally means that there is an unquoted argument in a shell 'test', e.g.

if [ $var = 'some string' ]

or

if test $var = 'some string'

In both equivalent cases above, if $var contains a 'space', the test fails
with the error you report. Double check your PKGBUILD or and of the install
scripts.
--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.