Missing rc-local.service
Jelle van der Waa
2018-05-09 07:03:46 UTC
I'd like to use /etc/rc.local and noticed, that there's something
called systemd-rc-local-generator which should somehow pull in
rc-local.service on boot, according to its man page. But on my
ArchLinux, the service file isn't there, and neither does /etc/rc.local
run on boot.
When we migrated to systemd we basically stopped promoting (or even
supporting) rc.local. The alternative is to write a systemd unit which
have a lot of benefits. (finer grained control, etc.)
Is the systemd in ArchLinux packaged correctly?
Well it might be an upstream bug, since the man page is installed but
the binary.
--
Jelle van der Waa