Lxde taskbar freezing
Add Reply
David Rosenstrauch
2018-09-17 12:59:31 UTC
It seems like some recent package installation or upgrade has been breaking my Lxde desktop. The taskbar at the bottom of the screen keeps freezing up periodically - doesn't repaint (except for non-lxde icons like network manager applet), doesn't respond to mouse clicks, etc. Then after a few minutes it suddenly starts responding again - only to freeze up again a few minutes later. The issue seems to be restricted to the Lxde desktop - the Xfce taskbar doesn't seem to freeze up in the same way.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Again, I believe it's a recent upgrade, as all was working for me during the work day on Friday.

Thanks, DR