TPlink Touch P5 network printer
Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general
2017-12-08 07:12:51 UTC

I know it's unlikely (TP link representitive said it's impossible) but is there any way I can add a printer that is connected to my Tp Link Touch P5 router? It's possible in Mac and Windows but is it possible in Arch ? Here is<https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-f45e4afb-***@nirjhor-arch/0?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tp-link.com%2Fus%2Ffaq-415.htm&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org> the process for those OS.

Thanks-
Nirjhor
Twitter - @Nirjhor<https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-f45e4afb-***@nirjhor-arch/1?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fnirjhor&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org>

Sent from Mailspring<https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-f45e4afb-***@nirjhor-arch/2?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%3Fref%3Dclient&recipient=arch-general%
Guus Snijders via arch-general
2017-12-08 10:00:24 UTC
Op 8 dec. 2017 08:13 schreef "Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general" <
arch-***@archlinux.org>:

Hi,

I know it's unlikely (TP link representitive said it's impossible) but is
there any way I can add a printer that is connected to my Tp Link Touch P5
router? It's possible in Mac and Windows but is it possible in Arch ?

Your link didn't work.
A quick search with Google revealed that the rep was right (somewhat). TP
Link uses a tool to hide all those scary details associated with network
printing and that tool is only available for Windows and MAC.

The good news is these tools are usually unnecessary. Most of the time
it's just 9100 printing.
Your quicketst route would be to just try it;
- connect the printer
- look up the IP adress of the router
- install & configure cups

Do some reading on cups configuration, after that, it's probably 5 minutes
work ;).

Mvg, Guus Snijders