[arch-general] List of Files Created by makepkg
Jayesh Badwaik via arch-general
2018-12-07 15:13:12 UTC

I am trying to write an automated script which takes in packages and package
files created by makepkg and uploads it somewhere.

For this, I would need the list of files created by the `makepkg` command. Is
there a way to get that?
--
Best
Jayesh Badwaik
https://jayeshbadwaik.github.io
brent s.
2018-12-07 15:29:00 UTC
Post by Jayesh Badwaik via arch-general
Hi,
I am trying to write an automated script which takes in packages and package
files created by makepkg and uploads it somewhere.
For this, I would need the list of files created by the `makepkg` command. Is
there a way to get that?
you mean files *in* the .pkg.tar.xz? that get installed to the
filesystem during installation?

they're.. just tar files.

you can either tar -tvf file.pkg.tar.xz or just use whatever library
(e.g.g tarfile on python) to do this. the entire tree is there

alternatively, you can just extract the .MTREE file inside the package
tarball.

if you mean you want a list of .pkg.tar.xz files that would be CREATED
by makepkg you could just read the man page for makepkg:

--packagelist
List the package filenames that would be produced without
building. Listed package filenames include PKGDEST and PKGEXT.
--
brent saner
https://square-r00t.net/
GPG info: https://square-r00t.net/gpg-info
Jayesh Badwaik via arch-general
2018-12-07 15:46:46 UTC
Yes, I meant the files inside the package. Thanks for the correction.
I thought there might be a tool like `pacman -Ql`. Turns out, I was missing
the `-p` option there.

Thank you.
Jérémy "Vrakfall" Lecocq
2018-12-07 15:48:06 UTC
Post by brent s.
if you mean you want a list of .pkg.tar.xz files that would be CREATED
--packagelist
List the package filenames that would be produced without
building. Listed package filenames include PKGDEST and PKGEXT.
Alternatively, you can also check the PKGBUILD file for the `pkgname`
directive which can be an array when you're in presence of split
packages. Check the manpage of PKGBUILD(5) for that.

That said, `makepkg --packagelist` returns the absolute path of every
package that shall be created.

Happy hacking!
--
Kind regards,